Friday, February 24, 2006

Continuing my reviewing of the debut novel of my good friend, the wonderfully-named S.P. Faulconbridge. Up to chapter 25 now, and it has grown on me, I was undoubtedly critical about the feel of the first few chapters but I've definitely been drawn in now.

S.P. seems grateful that I haven't been too sycophantic and that I've tried to question where I genuinely haven't understood what he's getting at. The one thing that it has brought home to me is that writing a novel is by no means an easy task. He's been writing since September and hasn't been hindered by work commitments during that time and is still a long long way from the completion of a full first draft. I'm going to have create mine while working full-time and having a number of other interests and responsibilities away from the office.

Not deterred though and I know that I'll always feel slightly unfulfilled if I don't do it. Threats and bullying from Calliope tend to have an effect as well!

No comments: