Monday, March 27, 2006

Mrs Momus and I have begun the preliminary plans for our US road trip in the summer of 2007. It will be the partial fulfilment of a long-held dream and although actual destinations are still sketchy, I do have an outline in mind. What I don't want is a repeat of our honeymoon when we crossed Western Canada. Although we saw a number of wonderful places, we were in a different hotel practically every night. Coupled with the driving distances involved, it turned what should have been the best holiday of our lives into, frankly, something of a slog.

The starting point will be San Francisco. I need to check out northern California to find out what is worth checking out north of SFO. In the absence of a pink camper van, and with only two weeks to do it in, rather than the ideal 12 months, I intend to concentrate on a few destinations but spend lots of quality time there.

Back in the Chew Valley, as opposed to Napa Valley, I attend my first committee meeting as vice-captain on Thursday night. It's a dual role as I am also Press Officer for the club. It's the closest I'll get to being a proper journalist.....

No comments: