Thursday, March 02, 2006

This weekend is the first of a string of busy weekends for us and I'm wondering whether I should make the final step to dragging Mrs Momus and myself out of the Dickensian household era which we have inhabited for so long.

We've finally got a DVD player and we've finally got broadband. Now, with a host of trips coming up, I quite fancy waving goodbye to Bob Cratchit once and for all and getting a digital camera. I chatted with my colleague Mr Toad some time ago about this very subject, upon which he is most knowledgeable - and need to pick his brains if we are to make the most of the exciting times ahead.

This Saturday, we visit the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff for the double-header of the Powergen Cup semi-finals. Leicester play Wasps at 2.30 and then we'll don the blue, black and white of Bath for their tie against Llanelli Scarlets. It's a shame that the WRU have refused to release Scarlets' Dwayne Peel for the match. His absence helps Bath's cause but it's always more enjoyable to watch the really good players and Peel is probably the best scrum-half in the northern hemisphere right now.

Next weekend, we visit Cumbria with Christine and a digital camera there would come in very handy. After that, we will celebrate our wedding anniversary - seven years, can you believe - with a long weekend in Berlin. I've been waiting a long time to visit the German capital. Definitely need a camera for the Brandenburger Tor, Rathaus and Gedächtniskirche.

After that, we have my good friend and former colleague Tim to visit, with his lovely wife Helen. A weekend's hospitality is the least we owe them, after their thoughtfulness allowed us to visit Boston for a song back in November. Finally, it ends where it started - with rugby. Saturday 1st April will see us travel up to the Midlands to follow Bath in their Heineken Cup quarter-final against Leicester at the Walkers Stadium. Really hoping it's a good, close game as we'll be taking Mr Momus Sr. Not sure the last time my dad went to a sporting event because he's always working Saturdays. I owe him so much that it's the least a dutiful son can do. Stopping over at my folks' house in Rugby - am hoping to persuade my parents that a curry would be an excellent idea!

So - busy times ahead, but happy times. Bring it on.

No comments: